Spirit Airlines Baggage is one of the cheapest airlines. It runs the campaign “Bare Fare” which has the lowest prices and you will need to pay only for those items you carry with you. Here we will give the Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy and other necessary Spirit Airlines Baggage information and policies. Due to being cheapest airlines along with a good level of quality it is one of the best options for traveling from one place to another within United States.
Spirit Airlines Baggage Fees:
Spirit Airlines Baggage policy revolves around Bare Fare. With this the Policy of Spirit Airlines Baggage Fees is as follows:
- One personal item that fits in the smaller sizer box (like a small backpack) is included with your ticket (Bare Fare™).
- Another personal item or anything larger like a standard carry-on or checked bag will need to be paid for.
- Along with one personal item you can bring items like an umbrella, camera, infant diaper bag, assistive devices, outer garments (e.g., coats, hats and wraps), reading material and food for the flight for no additional charge.
- Neck and head pillows can be carried on the aircraft as long as they fit completely in your personal item bag.
- In some cases wheelchairs, car seats and strollers may be checked or carried on free of charge.
- The personal item is like a laptop bag or purse smaller than 18″x14″x8″.
Charges Apply For Overweight Oversized and Additional items which are as follows:
Read More Easyjet Baggage Allowance
|Spirit Airlines Overweight Oversized Baggage Fees|
|Weight & Size||Extra Fees & Charges|
|41 – 50 lbs. (18 – 23 kg)||$30|
|51 – 70 lbs. (23 – 32 kg)||$55|
|71 – 100 lbs. (32 – 45 kg)||$100|
|63-80 linear inches (158-203 cm)||$100|
|Special items over 80 linear inches (203 cm)||$150|
The charges apply for sporting equipment whenever you travel with Spirit Airlines. The charges for Spirit Airlines Sporting Equipment are as follows:
|Extra Charges For Sporting Equipment|
|Surf Board (Maximum of 2 surfboards in one bag)||$100|
|Golf Clubs||Same as checked bags, overweight charges may apply|
|Skis/Snowboards||Same as checked bags, overweight charges may apply|
Spirit Airlines (NK) allows 1 personal item (purse, briefcase, laptop bag) per passenger fee free.
Spirit Airlines Baggage Policy Detail
Carry-on should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions:
- 50 linear inches (22 x 18 x 10 in) or 127 centimeters (56 x 46 x 25 cm) including handles and wheels
- Fit in the overhead bin or under the seat in front of you.
Personal item should not exceed the following size and weight restrictions:
- 40 linear inches (18 x 14 x 8 in) or 102 centimeters (46 x 36 x 20 cm)
- Fit under the seat in front of you
- A jacket, umbrella, diaper bag, duty free items, and assistive devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, strollers, child restraint seats, etc.) do not count towards your carry-on allowance.
NOTE: Bulkhead seats do not have under seat storage, therefore, all carry-on baggage must be stowed in the overhead bin during take-off and landing.
What is Spirit Airlines’ (NK) checked baggage / hold luggage policy?
Spirit Airlines’ (NK) standard checked baggage / hold luggage policy details follow:
- 2 bags standard, up to 5 bags maximum (restrictions exist on international travel – check Spirit’s site for details)
- Maximum dimensions: 62 inches or 157 centimeters (length + width + height)
- Maximum weight: 40 pounds or 18 kilograms